worn and protected

5:41am

"I'm worn...my prayers are wearing thin.
  I'm worn...even before the day begins.
   I'm worn...I've lost my will to fight.
    I'm worn..so heaven come and flood my eyes."   --I'm Worn, Tenth Avenue North

7:19am

" How about a mother brown bear when her cubs are threatened? Six hundred pounds of unrelenting fury. Now imagine you are watching one of these scenes not on the nature channel but from thirty feet away. Oh, yes, we find a very fierce intentionality in nature—reflecting the personality of the Artist."   --Beautiful Outlaw, John Eldridge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's something incredibly comforting about a God full of fury. Fury against darkness, fury against your enemies. Days like this--when I am overwhelmed, feeling like I'm swimming in tidal waves--there is something absolutely comforting about all-powerful fury, that shakes the ground and makes others flee.

Because, you see, it's just too easy to walk down a path of quitting. It's too easy to just lie down and wait for the waves to lessen. But that leads to days of sorrow, negativity--days of being closed off and shut down.

So this comfort comes from knowing that Jesus is right here, yelling at my enemy to leave. The comfort is in knowing that I am tired, but not dead. The comfort comes from just imagining a God who is saying--yelling, shouting, "You cannot have her, she is mine!" The comfort comes from knowing that I will not be kicked when I am down, but that I'll have the strength to stand.

11:43am

"The mountains shake before You, the demons run and flee
At the mention of your name, King of Majesty
  There is no power in hell or any who can stand
before the power and the presence of the Great I Am." --The Great I Am, Phillips, Craig and Dean


 

Comments

Popular Posts