wishing for whales


It's been a month since I've been here, and it's a month until we leave for Hawaii. Time to break out of this 'not doing anything' funk and get back to it…



I've been thinking a lot lately about the things I want during our time in Hawaii. Neither of us, Mr. Italian or I, thought we would make it to Hawaii before the age of 60-ish, when we were retired and the kids were gone. But because we're just so lucky to be going, I really want to make the most of every single minute. My personality rarely lets me stop thinking about all the small details, which translates into 'I'll have to intentionally not worry about the other things worrying me in life'. So I am making a plan to put a stop to all stress, all worry, all 'what-ifs' while we're there.

And on the top of that Hawaii-want list is to see a whale. Both of us have agreed that would take the cake.

However, most people have said, "It's not whale season, don't get your hopes up".

But God says, "I am able to do much more than you imagine or even ask me. I've got the power." (Ephesians 3:20, loosely)

Sure, this relates to all other things in life, and Paul probably wasn't talking about whales. But the unimaginable size and power of that whale is beyond anything I can wrap my mind around.

So, we're wishing for whales.


P.s. Mom is doing great! It took us a while, but we did survive.

P.s.s. Mrs. Crappypants hasn't crappied in her pants again...yet.
 Here's what we've been doing since...



 He's trying out Mr. Italian, for now.




These two don't know they're not going on the trip yet... And they might be the worst part about being gone for a week.

Maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts