bazinga

There's absolutely something to be said for knowing God's word, in and out, through and through. But what I love even more is when a brand new verse, one I've never seen before, walks right into my path, comes at me like a 'bazinga', right between the eyes, strait to my heart.

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. --Phillippians 2:13

On the days it feels like I can't find my purpose, on the days I'm not sure where I belong, on the days when discouragement is heavy, I am reminded of His promise to me. That He is working in me, giving me desires and hopes and dreams to do something different, something greater, all the while working all around me with power to make those things happen. The things I desire are not going unnoticed, because they've already been planted and shaped within me. The strength I need to see those desires happen in my life are in and around me, making everything work together for the good of His kingdom.  

Maybe one day I'll know all of His words, forwards, backwards, top to bottom, but I'd rather not. I'd rather not ever have days where verses aren't brand new, eye-catching, and spirit changing.
 

Comments

Popular Posts