warrior

(Another draft today.)

I wish I'd known from the beginning that I was born a strong woman.
What a difference it would have made!
I wish I'd known that I was born a courageous woman;
I've spent so much of my life cowering.
How many conversations would I not only have started but finished if I had known I possessed a warrior's heart?
I wish I'd known that I'd been born to take on the world; I wouldn't have run from it for so long,
but run to it with open arms.
~ Sarah Ban Breathnach, Something More

I wish I had known, all those times that I thought I wasn't significant, I wasn't worthy, I wasn't right, I wasn't loveable. I wish I'd known. I would have dumped him and not cried, I would have stood up when they said that, I'd have done what I knew was right, every time.

But, now that I do know, am I living this way? Am I running to change the world, full of confidence and power that has been given to me by my God? Am I starting and ending conversations that need to be spoken, need to be heard? Am I living like a warrior?



Comments

Popular Posts