Yours

I just want to be even closer to You
I just want to be even closer
I am Yours, You can have all of me, anything, everything
I just want to be closer
  --Shawn McDonal

I didn't know the word betrothed until a couple of years ago. I heard it in a sermon at church, during a study on the Song of Solomon. I understood it's meaning of married or to be married, but I want something more.

I want to know what it means to be betrothed by God, my Father. I want to know what it means to know that He asks me to be His, and will not stop asking until I fully am. I want to know what betrothed means when it comes from my Creator, my Giver, my Father, my shelter, my grace and mercy, my forgiveness. I want to know what His covenant is about, what He promises.

I want to be close enough to know what He is doing in my life, what He has planned for me, and the promises He'll deliver. I want to know the deeper meaning of betrothed so that I know what His love for me is, what His hope gives me, and where the author of my life and keeper of my heart really resides.

I want to know what it fully means to be His, so that I can be fully present in the life He has called me to. I want to know this so that when storms come, I remember where I belong and where the key to my heart really lies.

I want the word betrothed to be so real to me, so close, that it is written on my heart, my ring finger, and every aspect of my life.

Comments

Popular Posts