Calling All Angels

It's intriguing to me when a few words, put together in a sentence or a thought, can reshape an entire day, an entire season, an entire lifetime. Words of joy and celebration, words of sorrow and hurt, words of wisdom and truth.


"It's not about what you want, but about what I want for you."



Words given to Phil, from God, and about God. All about God's goodness and the goodness He has planned for you and for me.



"It's okay. I know where we're going."



Words given to our counselor, from God, about God. All about His all-knowing nature and His kindness. There is a lot of kindness in those words, put together into a simple sentence.




Last week, my family was shocked by the news of a tragic loss of a young boy. This week, Alex and his family were saddened by the news of a friend, crying loudly for help. And these sentences ring loud in my thoughts, and mostly in my heart. If these two indiduals knew that God was taking them somewhere great, and that He had really great plans for them, would they have felt so alone, so afraid, so lost?

You see, I do not write because I am vain and want you to know about my thoughts and whereabouts and ideas. I do not write because I am begging for prayers. I do not write because I love it. (I love it because I feel called to it, actually.) I write because I am not the only one struggling and fighting a battle that I feel so inadequate for.

I write because we, as Christians, need to know it is okay. It's okay to feel this way. It's okay to have struggles, it's okay to have doubts, and it's okay to wonder why you chose this path that led you down a road you can't begin to navigate. I write because in the midst of our troubles, we somehow begin to feel alone, isolated and stranded. We feel like we're the only person to be feeling this way; that we might never get back to the good part, and that somehow we have failed. I write because we have all been there or will be there, and there needs to be hope for everyone.


God can handle the anger and the hurt, the cursing and the yelling. He can handle our truth. But I'm certain that He is tired of seeing His children in such harm and depression. How could Heaven's heart not be breaking for all of the people whose hearts are aching? Small groups and communities and friends and pastors and neighbors don't mean anything if people are still feeling alone and weary.

And it is okay if you don't know how to help your friend or tell your parents or ask for help. That's why there are people who can call on angels for you and help you find your way back to the good stuff. There is always hope.

Comments

  1. It's so easy to feel like you're the only one struggling and then what it takes to realize that you're not, is such a rude awakening. Thanks for all your blogs, I thoroughly enjoy all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Kimee. Thanks for reading them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts