Kel Sides

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad. ~Arnold H. Glasgow

I can NOT think of a better quote to describe Kelly Sides. This lady, in all her beauty and glory, has often times made me feel much better by giving me a sympathy laugh, or by “liking” my status, or walking me through a mild-but-not-really struggle.

We also walked-hand in hand, arm in arm-down the long path of the Nebraska Cornhuskers Traditional Football Game Walk. (All said with a loud echo behind each word.) You picked up cute, college boys while I took notes of how to really be cool. I wish we had more games to attend…

I also wish you were closer but, your advice and jokes and smile and laugh, are all the comfort I need on any given day. In fact, you remind me a lot of my own ‘Ellen Degeneres’-witty, creative, and downright rolling-on-the-floor hilarious.

So, this second day of February, is dedicated completely and totally to you, Kel.

And, happy birthday :-)

Comments

Popular Posts